Electrical safety training is provided nationwide by Electrical Safety Specialists (ESS). A Qualified Electrical Worker training course is also available for unqualified persons. Workers will gain knowledge and understanding of today’s electrical safety practices, regulations and standards with experienced instructors and hands on field work training. ESS strongly believes that safety is a mindset; people will not follow regulations if they don’t understand the benefits and how to apply them in real world situations.
These requirements reflect The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) belief that electrical safety training is an essential part of every employer’s safety and health program for protecting workers from injuries.
The adequacy of employee electrical safety training may become an issue in contested cases where the affirmative defense of unpreventable employee misconduct is raised. Under case law well-established in the commission and the courts, an employer may successfully defend against an otherwise valid citation by demonstrating that all feasible steps were taken to avoid the occurrence of the hazard. Training in the proper performance of a job is time and money well spent. The employer should regard it as an investment rather than an expense.
ESS’s training goals include:
· To provide skills necessary to demonstrate proficiency in electrical safety.
· To provide skills to determine electrical hazards.
· Provide training that is acceptable in OSHA’s eyes as effective. Classes are conducted in accordance with NFPA 70E standards and students will receive Continuing Education Credits from ESS.
The Unqualified Persons Course is required by OSHA and NFPA 70E to have all persons trained to understand and avoid electrical hazards. This is a great unqualified persons course for enhancing awareness and respect in regard to electrical hazards for all personnel in your facility. This course is designed for employees with little or no background in electrical hazard.
ESS’s Course Objectives:
· Train individuals on the true hazards present when in close proximity with electricity.
· Recognize life threatening situations in regard to proper housekeeping, operating circuit breakers, proper use of PPE, and etc.
· Procedures for Release of Victims.
· Leaving electrical repairs to the experts.
Electrical Safety Specialists mission is “To save lives and reduce injuries by creating a positive safety culture in the workplace for employers and employees alike.”