ESS offers electrical thermal imaging which provides infrared surveys in order to ensure that you have a functional monitoring program and meet applicable insurance requirements.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70B §11.17.5 suggests that every commercial and industrial building in the United States should have an IR survey at least once a year.
Electrical systems require periodic scanning to ensure optimum efficiency. The experience of the technician is very important. Understanding how the electrical thermal imaging equipment should properly operate, as well as, having the background to effectively troubleshoot electrical thermal imaging equipment is paramount. Not only are our technicians experienced in the field of Thermography, they also have years’ experience in the field as electricians.
Advantages of having Annual IR Scans
- Reduce Injuries and Save Lives
- Prevent Catastrophic Failures
- Lower Repair Costs
- Increase profits
- Reduction in Downtime
- Increase Equipment Life Expectancy
- Lessen Liabilities
- Electric Codes Compliance
- Insurance Savings
Here is what equipment you should have scanned annually
- Utility substations, transformers and feed poles
- Main incoming services, plant main knives
- Capacitor banks
- Main switchboards and disconnects
- Main distribution panels and main disconnects
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Generator controls and transfer switches
- Main I-Line panels
- Lighting and receptacle panels
- Disconnects and combination starters
- Service disconnects for motors
- Machine control panels
Whether your company is interested in quarterly, annually, or one time electrical thermal imaging inspections; ESS can provide you with the expertise needed to establish an effective Thermal Imaging IR Program.